There are two types of plastic surgery - cosmetic surgery and reconstructive surgery. The Washington University Facial Plastic Surgery Center specializes in both types of surgery for the face, head and neck.
Cosmetic surgery corrects or restores the aesthetic form and function. Its goal is to improve the patient's overall appearance and self-esteem. As head and neck facial plastic surgery experts, Drs. Checcone and Branham concentrate on surgery for the anatomy of the face and neck. It is their specialty.
- Just for Men - Special considerations must be made for the male face and cosmetic surgery.
- Eyelid Surgery - Known as blepharoplasty, eyelid surgery is often the first facial sign of aging. Upper and lower blepharoplasty are offered at the center. Some procedures can be performed in the office.
- Facelift Surgery - The traditional facelift can return a youthful appearance to an otherwise tired-looking face, brought on by aging. The secret is looking better, but without anyone knowing why.
- Mini Facelift Surgery - Less downtime and less money than a traditional facelift, this may be the facial surgery answer for you.
- Neck Lift Surgery - Correct a fleshy neck, jowls, turkey waddle, and neck banding with this cosmetic surgery.
- Liposuction - Liposuction of the jowls and neck is offered as an in-office procedure.
- Otoplasty - Protruding or prominent ears can be permanently corrected at any age.
- Rhinoplasty - If you have never been happy with the look of your nose, or if you have functional problems with breathing. Rhinoplasty can provide both an aesthetically pleasing change -- without sacrificing the important functionality of the nose.
Cosmetic enhancements that include cosmetic dermal fillers for wrinkles
, botox injection therapy
, facial peels
, laser resurfacing
, Latisse™ eyelash thickener
, lip augmentation
, spa type facials and services
, and skin care products
can be found under the category of Aesthetic Skin Care
of the head and neck is used to correct the physical results of disease, birth defects, a trauma injury, illness or a congenital disorder by restoring or improving a deficiency or abnormality in a physical function. Facial reconstructive surgeries include corrective surgery for facial implants
, facial trauma reconstruction, Mohs cancer surgery reconstruction
, and scar revision and camouflage