Facial plastic surgery is generally sought to accomplish one of two goals: To give the face a more youthful appearance or to improve the shape and contour of facial features such as the nose, eyes, cheeks, chin, brow, and ears.
Within the Education Center web pages, Drs. Gregory Branham and John Chi has provided practical information at your fingertips if you are considering facial plastic surgery or other cosmetic enhancements for the face, head and/or neck.
In addition, throughout the web site you have an opportunity to ask your own question by using the "Email A Question
Email questions (prior to a consultative assessment) may be answered in some general terms. The Facial Plastic Surgery Center approach considers each person as an individual, with a unique set of goals and concerns. Enhancement treatment plans are customized for clients during a one-on-one consultation appointment with one of our surgeons.
You will find a number of informative and interesting images, articles and answers to commonly asked patient's questions:
- Frequently Asked Questions - Find out the answers to the most commonly asked questions regarding cosmetic surgery enhancements including recover and downtime.
- Am I a Candidate? - Find out if you could be a candidate for cosmetic surgery enhancements.
- Patient Stories - Read about real patients who are willing to share their personal stories with you. What happened in their lives to bring them to the Washington University Facial Plastic Surgery Center in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Before and After Cosmetic Surgery Photo Gallery - Easy to use gallery of before and after images, each separated into specific categories with the added option of an enlargement feature. Look for the spyglass in the lower right hand corner of each photo to enlarge it.
- Ask the Expert - Drs. Branham and Chi provides information on specific topics relating to cosmetic surgery and facial reconstructive surgery.
- In the News - Pertinent articles written on topics of facial cosmetic surgery and enhancements, skin care and facial reconstructive surgery by the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, republished with permission.
- Resources - Your decision to undergo cosmetic enhancements or cosmetic surgery should be an informed decision. To help you easily find accrediting medical boards, and national safety and medical associations, we have compiled a list of web link resources. Your surgeon should support and encourage your questions, if not - then find a physician who will.