Find a Physician You Trust
Whether you’re in need of reconstructive facial plastic surgery or looking for cosmetic procedures that can help revitalize your look, your first step in the process should be finding the right surgeon and practice you trust.
The best way to achieve this goal is through a facial plastic surgery consultation, where you can discuss and determine the best treatment.
The Washington University Facial Plastic Surgery Center encourages patients to arrange one-on-one meetings with one of their board-certified facial plastic surgeons — Dr. Gregory Branham, Dr. John Chi and Dr. Emily Spataro — and you will also meet their specially skilled staff who are on hand to ensure you have the best possible outcome.
“Our philosophy is to treat every patient as an individual. Each person has different wants and needs and different goals for what they want to accomplish,” says Dr. Branham. “Whether it’s a skin cancer patient or somebody looking to reverse the signs of aging, everybody wants to look their best, so we try to help them achieve that goal.”
What to Expect
Here are a few things you can do to prepare for a consultation and what you can expect:
- Most patients will have one or two appointments to ensure their individual needs are being met.
- Make a list of goals for the consultation and your desired treatment and/or surgery.
- There is typically a minimal charge for a consultation, but the charge will be credited toward the cost of surgery.
- Make sure you are seeing a fellowship-trained surgeon with experience in cosmetic or reconstructive surgery. You may find their answers may vary based on the type of surgery you are focusing on — i.e. cosmetic, trauma, reconstructive, etc.
- The goal of an initial consultation is to develop trust with you as a patient. Expect to have a discussion about the risks, benefits, alternatives and complications you may experience.
“As an academic facial plastic surgery center, we are committed to providing high-quality, evidence-based care for all of our patients while using the latest technology,” Dr. Spataro says. “During a consultation, we take the time to explain everything very well and use photos, diagrams and other visuals to make sure you are well informed.”
After patients have undergone a physical examination, the surgeon will go over treatment options, and a surgical or non-surgical plan is developed with the patient and staff.
We Care About Your Long-term Results
“Post-operative care is not where our care ends,” Dr. Chi says. “We will continue to follow most of our patients for several months up to a year or longer to make sure they are having a long-term result that they enjoy.”
For more information or to schedule a consultation with the physicians at the Facial Plastic Surgery Center, call 314-996-3880 or click here.